As of 2007, there were over 15,000 nursing homes in the United States with over 1.4 million residents. In Alabama alone in 2007, there were 231 nursing homes with over 23,000 residents. Tragically, as the number of nursing home residents increases so does the number of nursing home abuse and neglect cases. The Alabama Nursing Home Attorneys at Martinson and Beason, P.C. are dedicated to the principal that our elderly should be treated with the utmost care, respect and dignity while they are a resident of a nursing home or assisted living facility. Most nursing homes are regulated and governed by Federal law known as the Nursing Home Reform Act. This law places stringent requirements on these facilities including, but not limited to:
- Adequate medical staffing levels.
- The development of a comprehensive plan of care for each resident.
- Ensuring that each resident is sufficiently hydrated and maintains an appropriate body weight.
- Ensuring that residents do not develop bed sores (pressure sores) and if a resident has a bed sore that it is properly treated.
- A requirement that clinical records be maintained in accordance with professional standards and that they are accurately documented and readily accessible.
Despite these requirements, many nursing home and assisted living facilities choose to cut costs by reducing staffing levels and hiring under-qualified staff, which leads to the residents in that facility receiving substandard care. This substandard care leads to problems with falls, malnutrition, bed sores, dehydration, medication errors, and physical abuse. If you’re loved one was the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, call our dedicated and caring Alabama Nursing Home Lawyers. Our Special Report will let you know the questions you should ask a prospective attorney.
Our Alabama nursing home attorneys handle all nursing home cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not charge you a fee until and unless we make a recovery for you.
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury as the result of substandard nursing home care, contact our experienced and dedicated Huntsville Alabama Nursing Home Attorneys. The evaluation is free and confidential.
Email us or call us at 256-533-1667.