Martinson & Beason, P.C. (“M&B”) is proud to announce that on August 31, 2015 it received certification of the ALTA Best Practices from a 3rd party Certified Public Accounting Firm.
The CPA firm issued this certification to Martinson & Beason as a result of an audit and our adherence to the ALTA Best Practices.
American Land Title Association (“ALTA”) is the national trade association that represents title insurance companies, settlement agents, and real estate attorneys.
The Best Practices cover areas such as
- Employee and Company Licensing
- Escrow Accounting Procedures
- Privacy and Information Security
- Settlement Procedures
- Written procedures for Title Policy Production, delivery, reporting and premium remittance
- Maintenance of appropriate professional liability insurance coverage
- Procedures for resolving consumer complaints
M&B meets or exceeds the standards established by ALTA.
The CFPB has integrated forms required under the Truth-in-Lending Act (TILA) and Real Estate Settlement and Procedures Act (RESPA). A Loan Estimate will replace the current Good Faith Estimate and early TIL disclosure, while a Closing Disclosure will replace the HUD-1 and final TIL disclosure.
M&B complies with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”) regulations as a provider of title, closing, and escrow services.
Martinson & Beason, P.C. has assisted individuals, businesses, developers, and lenders with the following real estate areas:
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements
- Restrictive Covenants
- Zoning, Land Use, Eminent Domain, and Condemnation
- Mortgages, judgments, liens, and releases
- Easements, Right of Way, and access issues
- Adverse Possession
- Encroachment and Encumbrances
- Quiet Title Actions
- Homeowners Association issues and creation
- Condominiums projects
- Commercial Leases
- Construction and Improvements
- Rights of Redemption
- Boundary line issues, disputes and litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Title – Insurance and Searches
- Tax deferred exchanges under IRC §1031