The Huntsville real estate attorneys at Martinson & Beason, P.C. conduct the title examination and issue owner’s title insurance and lender’s title insurance through Chicago Title Insurance Company and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
7 Reasons Why Every Homebuyer Needs Owner’s Title Insurance
Martinson & Beason, P.C. handles real estate matters throughout North Alabama including, Madison County, Marshall County, Jackson County, Morgan County, and Limestone County, Alabama.
Protect Your Money From Wire Fraud Schemes
Alabama Real Estate Closing Checklist:
Documents and Items to be Completed Prior to a Real Estate Closing:
- Copy the signed contract, including any and all addendums
- Contact information for the Buyers, Sellers and Realtors (name, email, phone numbers, and addresses)
- Name and contact information for the Buyer’s Mortgage Lender/Broker/Banker (name, email, phone numbers and address).
- Homeowners Association contact information, including contact name, address and telephone number, if any.
- A Copy of the Termite Letter, if needed.
- All loan payoff information for the Seller, including contact information for each loan, account numbers and Social Security numbers for all parties on the loan
- Is a survey needed?
- Home Warranty Information, if applicable
- Copies of the Deeds, Mortgages, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney or Corporate Documents related to the parties
- Buyer’s hazard insurance agent information (company, name, email, and phone number)
- A list of any repairs and invoices, if any
- If a Power of Attorney is to be used by any party, then it must be approved by the closing attorney and the Borrower’s lender, prior to the closing
Documents to Bring to a Real Estate Closing:
- Current driver’s license for identification
- Social Security number or tax identification number for Seller and Buyer
- Certified Funds or Bank Wire for all closing funds from Buyer
- Original approved Power of Attorney, which has been notarized