The Tent City Project was started by Amy Mansell to help the roughly 200 homeless and displaced people in Huntsville during the holiday season. Supplies are collected throughout the year and then delivered, in person, the week before Christmas. This year, Amy plans on collecting items in October; however, Martinson & Beason, P.C. will begin collecting the week of February 20th and will hold donation drives throughout the year, preparing for the big “presentation” in December!
For more information on the Tent City Project, you can visit their 2017 facebook event page Tent City Project – 2017.
If you wish to contact Amy Mansell directly, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIST OF REQUESTED ITEMS
- CAMPING GEAR: firewood, Vaseline, cotton balls, matches, lighters, rope, cord, zip ties, duct tape, portable stoves, pots and pans, propane in all sizes, batteries of all sizes, sleeping bags, blankets of any kind, tarps, hot hands, can openers, plates and utensils, five gallon buckets and lids, coolers, thermoses, pillows with cases, axes and mauls.
- HYGIENE PRODUCTS: toilet paper, paper towels, foot powder, Band-Aids, Neosporin or Polysporin, chapstick, hair combs and brushes, shampoo and conditioner, soap, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, aspirin, razors, nail clippers, deodorant, tampons and maxi pads, toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, mouthwash, contact solution, saline solution, nose sprays, eye drops.
- FOOD: water, peanut butter, all canned protein such as tuna, chicken, spam, beanie weenies, Vienna sausage, ramen noodles, soup, canned goods, anything non-perishable, crackers, snack packs snack bars and goodies like Debbie cake snacks, instant coffee, creamer, sugar, and rice.
- CLOTHES: THINK HEAVY WINTER CAMPING! NO SUMMER CLOTHES OR DRESS CLOTHES/SHOES.
Coats, rain jackets, thermals of any kind especially thermal underwear and that means tops and bottoms, socks, shoes and boots, pants, coveralls, sweaters, hoodies, heavy long sleeves, underwear -NEW ONLY, toboggans, gloves, ear muffs, sweat suits and scarves. This will be for both men and women. I will get a number of how many men and women and I will try to get sizes as soon as possible.
- DOG AND CAT FOOD, treats and toys.
- Plastic bins for organizing, separation, and storage (used is fine). New boxes and tape is also a need. Tote bags for delivery, as well as any duffle bags, backpacks, and suitcases.